Now you can also pre-order the brand new "Nein Danke!" 12" EP/CD EP and the "Rocket Science" LP from Swedish mail-order veterans Hot Stuff.
They also have "Soli Deo Gloria (25th. Anniversary Edition)" (LP) and "SDGXXV" (2xLP) in stock too, in case you want to add extra items to save on shipping if you missed out on these!
New pre-sale items, including Welcome To Earth/Crop Circle Socks, New Wave Synth Pop shirts, You And Me Against The World totebags, Welcome To Earth baby onesies, and the new "Nein Danke" 12" EP/CD EP + "Rocket Science" LP first time on vinyl!
It's a MAZE out there, so, where to shop? Check all of the shops and their selections. It varies from shop to shop! Tell your local record shop they can order our releases from Broken Silence (Germany, most of Europe and Japan), Border Music (Scandinavia) or AudioGlobe (Italy ++)
- Lo-Fi Merchandise: Our official partner in Europe. They have the "Nein Danke!" 12" EP/CD EP, "Rocket Science" LP, new Socks and Baby Bodies with Welcome To Earth print, You And Me totebag, lots of shirts, keyfob, buttons, fridge magnets and CD's and LP's from the APOP back-catalog! GREAT SHIPPING PRICES FOR EUROPE! Go here: Lo-Fi APOP SHOP!
- POPoNAUT: THE BEST SELECTION of APOP CD's and Vinyl around! So if you're after the music or want all different colors + back-catalog items, this is the place to go! Check them out here: POPoNAUT APOP SHOP!
- Original Product: The official mail-order of our distributor, Broken Silence. They only carry the APOP items that they distribute, but still a good way to support our distributor directly! Check them out here: Original Product!
- If you're in USA/Canada/South America, go straight to our official webstore The Electric Fox. They carry a good selection of our Vinyl, CD and Cassette releases + different shirts and other merch. Save A TON on shipping if you live in the US! They do ship worldwide though! Find them at: The Electric Fox APOP SHOP!
- If you live in Norway, contact our local record shop Retro Vinyl. They have most of our Vinyl and CD releases. They ship all over Norway + internationally if needed! Mail your pre-order/order at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +47-96909398 + check their homepage www.retrovinyl.no to locate the shop if you want to pick up your pre-order/order to save money on shipping!
When all this corona madness is over, let's do REAL record stores again! We're hoping and praying that they all will survive the economic difficulties that comes with a total lockdown in so many countries!
In the meantime, thanks for supporting APOP through all this, when we did our two digital releases "Faceless Fear (B-Sides & Rarities)" and "Disarm (B-Sides & Rarities)" and also when it comes to pre-ordering these new items, as well as downloads and CD's from our Pitch Black Drive Bandcamp page that you find here: Pitch Black Drive Bandcamp
<3 APOP LOVES YOU <3
Things continue rolling on, and now we have got the pre-sales links for USA and Norway as well:
For USA/Canada, go to: https://theelectricfox.com/collections/apoptygma-berzerk and add your order there. You can also add older items with your order and have them shipped together with your pre-order in mid-June! The Electric Fox also have pre-orders for New Wave Synth Pop shirts both for men and women in either black shirt with white print or yellow shirt with white print to match the artwork on the "Nein Danke!" EP.
For Norway, go to: https://www.retrovinyl.no/ or send them an e-mail at: email@example.com or simply call them at +47-96909398. They will secure your pre-order and sort out your payment and ship your order to you around the release-date, or you can of course also pick them up in the store in Sarpsborg. Retro Vinyl also have a lot of back-catalog stuff from APOP both on LP and CD, so if you missed out on the reissue of "Soli Deo Gloria", or the "SDGXXV" and "Exit Popularity Contest" albums on vinyl, you can get these too there, as well as a wide selection of albums and singles on CD. Just ask and they will help you out!
The items you can pre-order are:
- Nein Danke! (12" EP) (Crystal Clear Vinyl ) (Limited Edition 300 Copies)
- Nein Danke! (12" EP) (Solid Yellow Vinyl) (Limited Edition 700 Copies)
- Nein Danke! (CD EP) (Comes with 4 extra bonus tracks not on the vinyls!)
- Rocket Science (LP) (Solid Red Vinyl) (Limited Edition 300 Copies)
- Rocket Science (LP) (Solid Turquoise Vinyl) (Limited Edition 700 Copies)
By pre-ordering from The Electric Fox, you support the band directly through their US webstore, and by pre-ordering from Retro Vinyl, you support a local record shop that is not a part of a chain!
The official release-date of the "Nein Danke!" EP and the "Rocket Science" LP is 19th. June 2020, and pre-orders have now already started!
The "Nein Danke!" 12" EP is available in YELLOW VINYL in 300 copies and in CRYSTAL CLEAR vinyl in 700 copies as well as on a CD EP in regular jewel-case that has 4 bonus-tracks added extra which are not on the vinyl.
The "Rocket Science" LP is available in RED VINYL in 300 copies and in TURQUOISE VINYL in 700 copies.
Two solid German post-order services that have ALL colors/variations + a great selection of APOP back-catalog material is:
- POPONAUT that you find here: http://www.poponaut.de/
- INFRAROT that you find here: https://www.infrarot.de/
There will also be other mail-order services that will offer the above listed items, but if you're inside the EU, these two are always a safe bet!
After the success of the first digital compilation, "Faceless Fear (B-Sides & Rarties)" a second compilation with the same theme is to be released on the 1st. May, called "Disarm (B-Sides & Rarities)".
The latest compilation includes a previously unreleased track called "Disarm", appearing in an Alex O. Mix. This track is a cover version of a track by The Smashing Pumpkins, and it was recorded in 2013, but never released. You will also find "Until The End Of The World (Lauf Um Dein Leben Soundtrack Version)", a version of this APOP classic that previously only was available on the soundtrack to the German movie, Lauf Um Dein Leben. On the compilation, there's also a hard_code remix of "Starsign" and a "Commentary Version" of "Love To Blame" which never have been released before, as well as some rare B-Sides from limited edition CD-singles and from compilation albums.
Pre-orders via iTunes, Amazon, Apple Music, 7-Digital etc will start on 23rd. April, and on 1st. May it will be available on all digital platforms and streaming services.
Pre-order via iTunes/Apple Music here: https://music.apple.com/lu/album/disarm-b-sides-rarities/1509463565
Pre-order via Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087JYSM7X/
We are working on releasing at least 4 different "B-Sides & Rarities" compilations, and out of these we hope to release a 2xCD with the "Best Of B-Sides & Rarities" and maybe also a 2xLP version. This has not been decided yet, but if the demand continues like it has, that's probably how we'll end up solving this, so that both you, and we, can get all this in physical format as well! :D
In the meantime, enjoy these tracks while in corona lockdown. We hope it will help a little bit and that these tracks will brighten your day! <3 APOP LOVES YOU <3
Dalaborgsparken / Subkultfestivalen
"It's Apoptygma Berzerk, Jim - but not as we know it."
APOP reinvents itself - again - with an exciting new sound; different from, but complimentary to, the electro rock future pop stylings of previous releases.
On Exit Popularity Contest (a fix-up of the 12" EPs Stop Feeding The Beast, Videodrome and Xenogenesis), APOP founder Stephan Groth distils the essence of carefully selected pioneers to construct a classic yet refreshingly contemporary sound. Varied and vital, it brings instrumental music back into the spotlight, and after the wildly enthusiastic audience reaction to the sold-out performance in Norway last year, it appears he has tapped into a rich seam of electronic pleasure for a new generation as well as older aficionados.
Always a musical chameleon, Groth pays homage to his roots through emulating the analogue soundscapes of innovators like Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Jean-Michel Jarre, Vangelis and Klaus Schulze, and the driving motorik Krautrock rhythms of Neu!, Cluster and La Duesseldorf, all filtered through his own unique Scandinavian sensibility. In doing so he has created a vibrant, colourful 21st century palette on which to blend these classic influences from the Golden Age of electronic music.
Exit Popularity Contest demonstrates an admirable musical purity and sincerity, channeling the best of the past to forge a path into the future.